ETJ East Tokyo:
ETJ Chiba March 2012 Workshop
Date: Sunday, March 25th, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Yoko Torimitsu (Cambridge ESOL Japan Office) and others
Part 1: Introduction to TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test)
Speaker: Yoko Torimitsu of Cambridge ESOL
Ms. Torimutsu will talk about what TKT is and how it will help teachers of English. There will be a question and answer session at the end of her 60 min. talk. Please join if you are interested in studying how to teach English or studying for TKT. Attending this workshop doesn't necessary mean that you are going to study for or take TKT. Feel free to drop by and learn about TKT. More TKT information.
Break and Charity Bazar for Tohoku Children
Teaching materials, picture books and teacher's resources AND home made sweets will be sold to raise money for children in Tohoku. All the money will be donated to Ashinaga Ikuei-kai ( a charity organization for children who have lost their parents) for Tohoku Rainbow House. Participants are encouraged to bring materials that they don't need.
Part 2: Teaching Grammar to Children
In this part of workshop attendees will discuss ways to teach grammar effectively in young learners classrooms. Activities, worksheets, songs and chants for teaching sentence patters and phrases will be shared.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shin-koiwa Chiku Center (5 min. walk from Shin-koiwa station, JR Sobu Line. Address: Shin-koiwa 2-17-1, Katushika-ku, Tokyo Phone: 03-3653-7141)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 043-251-0027