(1) The Secrets of Peer Tutoring; (2) iPads for Teacher Toolkits
Date: Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Craig Manning (University of Shimane); (2) Steve Henneberry (University of Shimane)
The Secrets of Peer Tutoring
Craig Manning (University of Shimane)
Would you like to greatly enhance your students' learning outcomes and overall educational experiences without working harder? Find out how the University of Shimane's peer-tutoring program inspired unmotivated students to show up early, enjoy studying a difficult subject, and triple their achievement gains. More importantly, find out how peer tutoring could be used to help your students! For best results bring a few peers and some work-related challenges to overcome.
iPads for Teacher Toolkits
Steve Henneberry (University of Shimane)
This practical demonstration will cover one teacher's use of an iPad in the language classroom for student assessment and course management. The presenter will discuss various ways in which the iPad was used by the teacher in the classroom. Participants will learn how to use the iPad as a tool for giving presentations, conferring with students, managing student data and classroom pace, while also acting as a great resource. People owning iPads are encouraged to bring them, but they are not required.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Hiroshima Peace Park, 3F Conference Room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: