Textbooks, Tasks, and Fluency
Date: Sunday, May 20th, 2012 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Theron Muller
There will be two parts in this workshop. In the first part, Theron will explain how he adapts textbook activities to make them more task-like. Participants are encouraged to bring the textbooks they teach with to consider how they can adapt activities for their own classrooms.
The second part of this workshop comes out of Theron's involvement as lead editor in "Fluency in EFL", a book whose manuscript is still under preparation. Participants will explore definitions of fluency, then will move to sharing practical tasks to promote a focus on fluency among Japanese students.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen (students: 250 yen)
Venue: Hiroshima Peace Park, 3F Conference Room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: