Date: Sunday, March 11th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Fuyuhiko Sekido, Matt Shannon and Emery Premeaux, Alexander Procter, John Finucane, Lawrence Cisar, Alana Schramm
- Using Japanese Lyrics in the Language Classroom
In this presentation, the presenter will explain an effective way to use J-pop (Japanese Pop Music) and its lyrics. One of the features is CGP, cross-gendered performance, and it makes students think about the difference between Japanese and English. The presenter will tell the exact procedure, and show what materials and activities will be successful for the class.
- Daiso Classroom
Matt Shannon and Emery Premeaux
It would be about using some unconventional stationery in the classroom, and it's a great little workshop that includes something like a paper Sim City. You'd be surprised what these things can do!
- Effective Task Based Learning Through Jigsaw Activities
This technique promotes learner autonomy by increasing participation, and promoting interaction through jigsaw activities.
- How to Create an Effective 'Cloze' Listening Activity
A cloze activity is one in which learners listen for words omitted from a passage which they are given. Some practical advice on how to create an effective music cloze activity will be given. An example activity based on Trash (by Suede) is included. Effective cloze activities are those which learners can successfully complete, learn something from and enjoy.
- Making Ebooks For Your Students
Many of our students have either a Kindle or an ebook (Nook), and/or they have them on their PC and smartpphone. This presentation demonstrates how to prepare material and put it into the right form using only FREE software.
- Using Sounds and Smells to Teach Vocabulary
This activity teaches vocabulary in an active, enjoyable way. It aims to help retention of vocabulary while motivating students though a more active learning environment.
Each presenter will speak for a short time on their topic.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: free for non-JALT members
Venue: Sakuragi Kominkan, Centre Plaza 5th Floor (near Omiya Station west exit)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: