New Ideas from New Language Educators
Date: Saturday, May 19th, 2012 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Sachiko Iwamoto, Tsukasa Nakamura, Rikako Nakanishi, Mika Yunoki
Four recent graduates of the Okayama University Graduate School of Education will discuss their research on how to improve English language education in Japan.
- Sachiko Iwamoto will talk about difficulties Japanese English learners have in acquiring certain types of verbs.
- Tsukasa Nakamura will demonstrate an ELT-focused corpus he developed for language teachers and researchers.
- Rikako Nakanishi will show how to make vocabulary-learning materials using the COCA (Corpus of Contemporary American English) online corpus.
- Mika Yunoki will discuss teaching summary writing skills to high school language learners.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: