Balancing Language Teaching
Date: Sunday, June 10th, 2012 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Rob Waring of Notre Dame Seishin University
The first half of this presentation will introduce the Balanced Curriculum which shows how to balance all the important elements of input, output, fluency focus and study focus. The second half will show how to implement this in the Japanese language classroom with particular reference to the least implemented element which is fluency input.
Rob Waring is an internationally recognized authority on Extensive Reading. He is a founding Board member of the Extensive Reading Foundation and Vice President of the Korean English Extensive Reading Association. He has published numerous articles, and presented in over 20 countries. He is author or editor of three series of graded readers by Cengage Learning.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: please see here for details
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211