The Reading Circle: A Student-Centered Approach to Teaching Reading
Date: Sunday, May 27th, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Ayako Hisatsune
This presentation explores how to incorporate a reading circle into a reading lesson. Ayako Hisatsune will give step-by-step instructions on how to administer truly student-centered reading classes. She will also show the surveys conducted to learn students' attitudes toward the Reading Circle and student-centered learning. Information on how to tailor the Reading Circle to the needs of any English course will also be provided. The presenter believes that the Reading Circle helps students be prepared for each English class and then later become autonomous learners.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Open University of Japan Fukui Campus, AOSSA 7th Floor (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: