Date: Saturday, April 14th, 2012 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
This is a workshop and discussion meeting about motivation. How can we help students raise their motivation? Is motivation different for different age groups and levels? Questions for thought (please feel free to bring your own as well!):
- What are your favorite techniques to motivate students?
- Is the threat of punishment motivating?
- Are rewards motivating? How about extrinsic vs. intrinsic rewards? How should we praise?
- Does testing help motivation?
- What's motivating for you as a teacher? What did you find motivating as a student?
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University, Community Center (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: