IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG:
Using Social Media with Learners
Date: Sunday, June 17th, 2012 Time: 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Speaker: Petra Pointer
This is an online seminar being held Sunday, 17 June 2012, 14:00 GM Time, which is 11 PM on the same day in Japan. The event takes place in the IATEFL online conference room; click here for details on how to connect.
Dr. Petra Pointner is Head of English at the Language Centre of RWTH Aachen University where she mainly teaches Academic and Business English as well as exam preparation courses. She also works as a freelance consultant on online and textbook materials for publishers such as Pearson Longman and Cornelsen. The focus of her current research is on teaching languages with the help of technology.
IATEFL LT SIG webinars are recorded, and if you are a Learning Technologies SIG member, you have access to the recordings.
Organization: The International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language, Learning Technologies Special Interest Group (IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG)
Cost: IATEFL Members: free
Non-members: free; open to non-LT SIG members
Venue: IATEFL Online conference room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact IATEFL Learning Technologies SIG
Email QR Code: