Testing Interactional Speaking: A Workshop
Date: Saturday, May 19th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Alun Roger (Sojo University)
This presentation provides an overview of a group speaking test that targets interactional language. The function of interactional dialogues is to establish and maintain social bonds between interlocutors while completing a task or exchanging information. Co-constructed performances and shared experiences reinforce social ties within class groups and also encourage more natural conversational exchanges between students during in-class tasks. The presentation will summarise the theory, methodology and administration of the test. A rubric for measuring interactional speaking will be presented and participants will view video samples of the test to A) experience the test, B) experience being a rater and C) discuss their own internal constructs of the speaking skill and how they may differ from others so that they may better adapt the test to their educational contexts.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F 2-11 Dejima-machi, Nagasaki-city, Nagasaki Prefecture 850-0862
Location: Nagasaki City, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: