Exploring Your (Japanese) Culture
Date: Saturday, April 28th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Simon Capper (Japanese Red Cross College of Nursing, Hiroshima)
Most materials that focus on intercultural communication emphasize learning about the "other", or "foreign" culture. But intercultural communication is a two-way street and the need to be able to understand and explain our own culture is often overlooked. This workshop will introduce useful framework activities to develop learners' abilities to explain their own culture and lifestyle.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 4F 2-11 Dejima-machi, Nagasaki-city, Nagasaki Prefecture 850-0862
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: