San-in Area Teachers Group:
Date: Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Samantha Kawakami (APRICOT Publishing, Sam's English School)
This is the first meeting of the San-in English Teacher's Group. There will be some time devoted to self-introductions and discussion of future meetings. The main content will be a 45-minute presentation on listening activities followed by Idea Sharing done in smaller groups. Everyone is asked to come with either an idea to share: a listening activity that went well, or a problem they had with a listening activity.
1:30 - 2:00 Introductions
Sam will introduce herself and her ideas for the group. Short self-introductions
2:00 - 2:10 Break
2:10 - 2:55 Samantha Kawakami: Listening Activities
Sam will present various ways you can expand and use listening activities. Some activities will be more useful for children and some for adults.
2:55 - 3:00 Break
3:00 - 3:50 Everyone, in Groups: Idea Sharing (YOUR HOMEWORK)
Everyone will work in small groups for about 30-35 minutes. We will come back and share the best idea from your group.
3:50 - 3:55 Break
3:55 - 4:30 Future Meetings/Brainstorming: Talk about what everyone hopes to get out of the group.
Sam's website has a PDF schedule with more details and a map. The small fee of 100-200 yen is to cover the room fee. The total room fee is 2,400 yen (plus 200 yen per hour if we need the A/C or heat). If lots of teachers come, the fee will be less so encourage your friends to come!
Organization: New San-in Area Teachers Group (San-in Area Teachers Group)
Cost: 100-200 yen
Venue: Josai Community Center, Matsue-shi, Dogata-cho 614 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact San-in Area Teachers Group
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-3889-2055