ETJ East Tokyo:
Part 1: Songs to Enjoy and Songs to Listen To; Part 2: Potluck Workshop
Date: Saturday, May 5th, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: various, facilitated by Yuco Kikuchi
Part 1: Songs to Enjoy and Songs to Listen To
Songs and chants are fun and effective in young children's class. It is a good tool to lead children from an activity to the next. In Part 1, participants share their favorite songs and chants. Later in the workshop participants will look at the ways to use song with pre-teens and JHS classes. Songs and chants can be used as listening practice. and how to make use of songs for JHS and SHS students.
Part 2: Potluck Workshop
ETJ Chiba May Workshop is in the middle of the Golden Week. But why don't we meet and share our plans, successful activities and challenges. New school year always challenges me with a lot of things such as new members, new textbooks, and sometimes new parents. And this year we have the new curriculum and MEXT-approved new textbooks for JHS. Let us share what we have.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shin-koiwa Chiku Center (5 min. walk from Shin-koiwa station, JR Sobu Line) Shin-koiwa 2-17-1, Katushika-ku, Tokyo (03-3653-7141)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 043-251-0027