Fluency in Reading Classes
Date: Saturday, April 21st, 2012 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Bjorn Fuisting
Developing fluency is often overlooked in reading classes. Extensive Reading (ER) and a speed (timed) reading course are two ways of working on fluency. This workshop will deal with the practicalities of how to incorporate these two activities in your reading class; how to select the material, organize the levels, activities in class, evaluation, and more. Participants are encouraged to share their own experience and examples, so feel free to bring in material and samples.
Bjorn Fuisting is originally from Sweden and has been teaching in Japan for about 10 years. He has taught Extensive Reading and speed reading at junior high, senior high and university. He currently serves as the Coordinator for the JALT ER SIG.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: JR Gifu - Heartful Square Culture Centre 2nd Floor (Southeast end of Gifu Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: