Using Student Mirroring Science in the Language Classroom
Date: Sunday, June 17th, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Tim Murphey, Harumi Ogawa
Tim will set the stage with some recent anthropological and neuroscience findings and theory that have clear indications for education. Harumi will talk about a pilot study she conducted using interview videos of enthusiastic L2 speakers in her English classes, sharing some comments given by the students to show how the videos affected studentsí motivation in L2 learning.
Organization: Iwate-Aomori Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Iwate-Aomori JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen; 500 yen for full-time students
Venue: Aiina, Morioka, 6th Floor, Room 602 map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Iwate-Aomori JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 019-662-8816
Phone (work): 019-663-3132
Email QR Code: