Language Teaching Professionals:
One-day Certificate Course in Teaching Children (Hiroshima)
Date: Sunday, July 29th, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Speaker: David Paul
Change of date:
Please note that the date for this event has changed from July 22nd to July 29th.
This course has been running for many years and has a very high reputation. It provides a general introduction to child-centered learning. All sessions are interactive. Methodology is underpinned by theory, but the emphasis is on how this theory can be applied to the teaching of elementary school children in the Japanese classroom. Topics covered:
- How do children learn?
- Using games effectively
- Building reading and writing skills &
- Developing communicative skills
- Integrating songs
- Lesson planning
- Developing international attitudes
Trainer - David Paul, Author of 'Teaching English to Children in Asia', 'Communication Strategies', 'New Finding Out', 'Communicate', 'Songs and Games for Children', 'Discover English', 'Discover the World', 'Discover the Universe'. Founder of Language Teaching Professionals, David English House and of ETJ. MA, Cambridge University.
Organization: Language Teaching Professionals
Cost: ETJ Members: 9,000 yen for ETJ members
Non-members: 12,000 yen
Venue: Hiroshima YMCA, room 408
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Language Teaching Professionals
Email QR Code: