Power Seminars English Event: Practical ideas for teaching listening, reading, and writing
Date: Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 Time: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Donald Kinney (Kinney Brothers Publishing), Ben Backwell (Nagoya City University)
From 10:00 to 12:00, Donald Kinney, of Kinney Brothers Publishing, will speak about teaching kids using phonics. Highlighting material from his Phonics & Spelling series, Donald will demonstrate the step-by-step process to teaching children to read, improve pronunciation and listening skills, and boost their confidence in speaking and writing English.
From 1:15 to 3:15, Ben Backwell will provide effective writing techniques and strategies for teachers of junior and senior high school and university students. His workshop will focus on creating fluency and enjoyment in writing, correcting common mistakes in class, and essay marking strategies.
Organization: Power Seminars
Cost: 5,000 yen (register and attend with a friend and pay 4,000 yen per attendee)
Venue: WINC Aichi Conference Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Power Seminars
Email QR Code: