Kanto International Senior High School:
Practical Ideas for English Education (PIE) Conference
Date: Saturday, June 2nd, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Keynote speakers Kensaku Yoshida (Sophia University) and Noriko Ishihara (Hosei University), plus 10 more presentations
The PIE Conference aims to provide practical ideas, supported by current TESOL literature, which teachers can draw upon for use in their own classrooms. Each speaker will present an idea that has produced successful results, explain the implementation and rationale, provide sample materials and resources, and allow time for discussion. For more information, including abstracts and online registration, please visit our website.
- Kensaku Yoshida (Sophia University)
New Directions in English Education - based on the Report of the Committee to discuss the Improvement of Foreign Language Ability
- Noriko Ishihara (Hosei University and Columbia University Teachers College Japan Campus)
"Teacher, You Should Get Married This Year": Addressing Pragmatics in the Language Classroom
- Session 1:
The Benefits of Dual Reading
Matthew Wallace and Sachiko Suzuki
Fluency-based Activities for Writing and Speaking
Moodle as a Classroom Tool
- Session 2:
Summary Writing for Reading Comprehension
David Jackson, Takao Hirai
Progress Portfolios: Encouraging Critical Thinking Through Self-Assessment
Career Guidance for University / College Overseas
- Session 3:
Task-Based Language Teaching in Oral Communication
Gareth Eggie, Robby Caughey
Reading Strategies and Application in the Classroom
Critical Thinking in EFL
Identifying Students with Special Needs: Removing Barriers to SLA
Limited seating available; we encourage teachers to register early.
Organization: Kanto International Senior High School
Cost: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kanto International Senior High School, 3-2-2 Honmachi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0071 (near Nishi-Shinjuku Gochome and Hatsudai stations)
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo Metropolis, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kanto International Senior High School
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3376-2244