A Taste of Teacher Development
Date: Saturday, May 19th, 2012 Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Steven Herder
For all of us, professional development (PD) means improving as a teacher and learner. You can choose to do it alone by self-study or you can do it through collaboration and shared experiences in a community of like-minded professionals. It used to be costly and time-consuming to join PD courses but not anymore with the ongoing proliferation of online learning opportunities.
The International Teacher Development Institute (iTDi) is just the place to grow - an engaging, safe, individually-tailored place to engage in professional development as a language teacher. We are a community for teachers by teachers, committed to sharing ideas and learning together.
In this workshop, I will demonstrate a new kind of collaborative relationship: I will share a personal set of 9 principles that guide me in my own approach to the classroom. Through an interactive dialog, we will simulate the kinds of interaction you can experience online at iTDi. I'm sure I'll take away as many new ideas as I'm able to share with all of you.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kobe YMCA
Location: Kobe City, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: