ELT Career and Professional Development Conference:
ELT Career and Professional Development Conference 2012
Date: Sunday, May 27th, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:50 PM
Speaker: Keynote speakers William Snyder (Teacher's College, Columbia University) and Kahoko Matsumoto (Tokai University), plus several other speakers
The ELT Career and Professional Development Conference (ECAP) caters to teachers from an array of different experience levels and teaching situations. The day is divided into three sections. The first two sections each contain a keynote address and the choice of four workshops. The keynote address introduces a broad topic, followed up by the four concurrently run workshops on themes related to the keynote. The third section of the conference will be a panel discussion and we have assembled an experienced panel of experts to reflect on the core concept; What should I know as a teacher?
Communicative Language Classes: What can we teach?
William Snyder (Teacher's College, Columbia University)
- Alexander Gilmore (The University of Tokyo)
- Alastair Graham-Marr (Tokyo University of Science)
- Steven Kirk (The University of Tokyo)
- Katsutoshi Fukumizu (福水勝利 (千葉県立印旛明誠高等学校))
The Role of Assessment in the Language Classroom
Kahoko Matsumoto (Tokai University)
- Jim George (Luna International)
- Graham Mackenzie (The British Council)
- Fergus O'Dwyer (Osaka University)
- Antonio Smith (Osaka University)
What should I know as a teacher?
Panelists: Chantal Hemmi (Sophia University), Conrad Matsumoto (Conrad's English House), William Snyder, Kahoko Matsumoto, Katsutoshi Fukumizu
The deadline for pre-registration is 17:00 on Friday, May 25th. To reserve a place, please call, fax or email the Cambridge University Press Japan office with your first choice of each workshop.
Organization: ELT Career and Professional Development Conference
Cost: 2,500 yen pre-registration, 3,500 yen On-site
Venue: The Yomiuri Shimbun Building, 6-17-1 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8243
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ELT Career and Professional Development Conference
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3518-8272
This event is co-sponsored by: