Online Corpus Workshop
Date: Saturday, July 7th, 2012 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Ted O'Neill
This hands-on workshop will guide teachers through several applications for online corpus analysis tools. It will include three types of activities useful in teaching practice and in research such as: diagnostic exercises, using Range to investigate materials for teaching and to help with curriculum development choices, tools for comparing texts, and a simulation of a short research project. Participants are encouraged, but not required to bring texts they would like to investigate in plaintext files (.txt) format. All other materials will be provided.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Okayama University, LEC, Room A-12
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: