Research Institute for Communication of Kansai University of International Studies:
Effective Language Teaching: The Never-Ending Challenge
Date: Saturday, July 21st, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Kazuhiro Nomura (Kobe Gaidai University), Paul Hullah (Meiji Gakuin University); call for papers due June 17th
LiLT-SIG will be co-sponsoring a one-day mini-conference on Saturday, July 21, 2012, at Kansai University of International Studies (KUIS) in Amagasaki (Hyogo). Other co-sponsors are Kobe and Osaka JALT Chapters, the JALT Jr/Sr. High School SIG, Cengage Learning, Pearson Kirihara, and Oxford Unversity Press, the Research Institute for Communication and the Department of English Education of Kansai University of International Studies. The theme is Effective Language Teaching: The Never-Ending Challenge. The objectives are: 1) to identify the challenges language teachers face in the classroom, 2) to come up with ways to confront these challenges, and 3) to develop a network among high schools and universities to share information about language teaching.
Call for papers due June 17
For details about submitting an abstract, please see the event's website.
Venue: Kansai University of International Studies, Amagasaki campus (5-minute walk from JR Amagasaki, behind COCOE shopping mall) map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Research Institute for Communication of Kansai University of International Studies
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by:
- Junior / Senior High School Teachers Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Oxford University Press
- Pearson Kirihara
- The Literature in Language Teaching Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching