Baan Unrak: House of Happiness - A Christmas to Remember
Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2002 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Anne Cain, Chino High School
Anne Cain is an AET on the JET Program and has been teaching at Chino High School for the past six months. She is from the United States. Instead of going home for Christmas last year, she decided to do something different. She joined an international volunteer organization called GO M.A.D. (Make a Defference). Go M.A.D. is a web-based organization which seeks to aid small service projects around the world. This year GO M.A.D. organized a trip to an orphanage in Sangklaburi, Thailand. The orphanage is called Baan Unrak, meaning House of Happiness. It is run by two yogic nuns and is home to fifty children. GO M.A.D. spent one week at Baan Unrak and helped the children celebrate their first Christmas! Volunteering at Baan Unrak was one of the most amazing experiences she has ever had in her life. It's a story worth listening to.
Organization: Nagano Chapter (formerly the Shinshu Chapter) of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagano JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: M-Wing- Matsumoto Chuo Kominkan in Matsumoto.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagano JALT
Email QR Code: