SLA and Budo (Martial Arts): Extended, embodied cognition and practical implications for ELT
Date: Sunday, July 8th, 2012 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Yosuke Yanase (Hiroshima University)
Yosuke Yanase will use Budo as an analogy for SLA and highlight some interesting aspects of skill acquisition and consciousness/non-consciousness in Budo. For explanation, he'll use a neuroscientific framework of cognition that is both extended and embodied. Yanase will also talk about some practical issues, including cultural differences between TEFL by Japanese teachers and TESL by native teachers.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211