Creativity in the EFL Classroom
Date: Saturday, June 2nd, 2012 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
Sir Ken Robinson, an internationally recognized leader in creativity, innovation, and human resources has argued that creativity in education is now as important as literacy. Let's examine creativity in the English as a Foreign Language classroom. Questions for thought and discussion (feel free to bring your own, too!):
- What is creativity? Can it be developed?
- How important is creativity? What is its value?
- How might creativity tie into the goals of language teaching programs?
- Teacher creativity
- Creativity with children and adults / university students
- How can we help students develop creatively?
- Demonstrations of creative activities
- Workshop: How can we add a creative dimension to these activities?
After Party: Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting! It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community.
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University, Community Center (East Campus) (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: