Nakasendo English Conference:
Nakasendo Conference 2012: Using English
Date: Saturday, June 2nd, 2012 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:40 PM
Speaker: Garr Reynolds, plus many more
Celebrating its 5th year with a conference in a convenient Urawa location, the Nakasendo English Conference coordinates student talent alongside EFL professionals from JALT local chapters and SIGs, ESTEEM, Saitama City Educators, and more. Join us for a day punctuated by renowned plenary speakers, inclusive forum discussions, and lectures and workshops that explore how we use English. This a truly fantastic year, with abstracts that demand attention (and often participation). Nakasendo is an ever-expanding, multi-organizational English conference based on mutual support and collaboration. It is an annual event inaugurated in 2008. Our specific aims include:
- Helping teachers gain awareness of what is happening at all levels of English education, not just their own.
- Supporting young teachers' organizations that have proven dynamic and innovative in our field.
- Improving relations and exchange opportunities between Japanese and foreign teachers of English
Speakers: Garr Reynolds, Lawrence Cisar, Chuck Sandy, Ivan Botev, Nicholas Bufton, Taeko Doi, Tetsuko Fukawa, David Gann, Satchie Haga, Maria Katrina Harata, Haruka Haze, Leander S. Hughes, Ayako Kanamaru, Joel Laurier, Aiko Minematsu, Peter Mizuki, Robert Morel, Anthony Paxton, Taron Plaza, Caroline Pomietlarz, Hitomi Sakamoto, Yaeko Hori Shibata, Chie Shiramizu, Ethan Taomae, Zong Tianyi, Darren Van Veelen and Yuki Yamano.
Organization: Nakasendo English Conference
Cost: 1,000 yen (free for Students)
Venue: Urawa Citizen's Hall 2-10-22 Naka-cho, Urawa- ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama-ken 330-0062, Japan map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nakasendo English Conference
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by:
- Gunma Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching
- International Teacher Development Institute
- Junior / Senior High School Teachers Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Learner Development Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Linguapax Asia
- Oxford University Press
- Pragmatics Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Shizuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching
- Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching