ETJ East Tokyo:
How students learn to read around the world: the case for using a whole-language/phonics mixed approach (WOLPH)
Date: Sunday, July 1st, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Erin Kourelis
This presentation is about how students learn to read around the world. The presenter will make the case for using a whole-language / phonics mixed approach (WOLPH). Many activities for facilitating reading will be demonstrated with audience participation.
Erin Kourelis is an MA TEFL/TESL candidate with the University of Birmingham, UK, and teaches at Shane English Schools in Kanto. His research interests include high stakes language tests, motivation, phonics, and SLA.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shin-koiwa Chiku Center (5 min. walk from Shin-koiwa station, JR Sobu Line). Shin-koiwa 2-17-1, Katushika-ku, Tokyo Phone: 03-3653-7141
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 070-6400-6464