Sainokuni Joint ETJ Saitama and JALT Omiya Meeting: Moving Music to Center Stage for Creative Learning
Date: Sunday, July 8th, 2012 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Deborah Grow
Moving Music to Center Stage for Creative Learning will address the power of music and rhythm and how they can improve language skills. By delving a bit into neuroscience, we will explore the higher faculties of learning and the influence of music and rhythm on memory and language. In part two, we will explore the multi-sensory aspect of music as well as the multi-layered lessons that music holds for our students. The chance to experience various ways to incorporate music and rhythm into varied classrooms will transform this presentation from one to listen to into one to explore with your own students. A toe tapping lesson to get us in the mood to add music into next week's lesson plan.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: 500 yen
Venue: Sakuragi Kominkan 5th floor, Shiino Omiya Center Plaza 1-10-18 Saukragicho, Omiya Saitama 330-0854
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: