Action Research mini-conference
Date: Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Robert Croker (Nanzan University)
Teachers are constantly trying out new ideas, tasks and activities in their classrooms. Action research (AR) is a means by which effective, sound teaching decisions can be made. In this special one-day workshop, a simple "look, think, do" cycle will be used in the morning workshop to explore what AR is and how it can be used in the classroom. In the afternoon workshop, participants will brainstorm AR topics and create an AR design. By the end of the day, participants will have a strong understanding of what AR is and a plan for how to do one AR project in their classroom.
Call for posters: Yokohama chapter of JALT is proud to invite teachers to do poster presentations on Action Research conducted in the classroom. Those teachers who are new to Action Research are particularly welcomed to submit a proposal to Malc Prentice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Yokohama City University (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: