Student-centered mini-presentations: Cultivating the communicative competencies of low-level EFL learners
Date: Sunday, September 16th, 2012 Time: 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Sean H. Toland, Jeffrey Crawford
How can educators diminish the anxiety that accompanies an oral presentation and improve the overall quality of learning in their English language classrooms? This workshop will address this challenging question by examining a practical and versatile communicative presentation model that is constructed on a task-based learning (TBL) foundation. In the contemporary world of TESOL, task-based language teaching has become a popular and successful method of instruction in English language classrooms. The workshop participants will be provided with an opportunity to experience a TBL framework in action through a series of tasks and materials that have proven effective with low-level high school and university students.
Organization: Fukui Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukui JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (students: 500 yen)
Venue: Open University of Japan Fukui Campus, AOSSA, 7th floor (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukui JALT
Email QR Code: