Teachers for change: Uh! I don't understand...
Date: Thursday, February 14th, 2002 Time: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: John F. Fanselow
Often teachers meet with stunned silence from students when asking questions in the language classroom.The central goal of the workshop will be to introduce/practice/develop a range of activities which can teach students how to ask a wide range of questions. Knowing a range of questions to ask will help students move beyond muttering strange sounds and constantly acting helpless, as reflected in their constant expressions of lack of understanding. Come and experience some totally different activities to try in your English classes. Prof. Fanselow is President of International Pacific College, Palmerston North, New Zealand, and Professor Emeritus, Columbia University, Teachers College, New York, U.S.A.
Organization: Sendai Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Sendai JALT)
Cost: free for everyone
Venue: Miyagi Kenmin Kaikan 6F Rm. 602, 3-3-7 Kokubuncho Aoba-ku, Sendai (tel: 22-225-8641). [map]
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Sendai JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: