(1) Critical Media Literacy; (2) Global Issues in Scholarly Writing: Towards Academic Publication
Date: Sunday, October 21st, 2012 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Anna Husson Isozaki; (2) Atsushi Iida
The first presentation is on critical media literacy – empowering university-level English learners to access and understand news, and to sort truth from spin. The second presentation aims to discuss global issues of scholarly writing and to provide a practical guideline for academic publication. The presenter - a teacher and researcher of writing - will share his personal experience of publishing in peer-reviewed English journals.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Yokohama City University, Language Lab 2 map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: