Japan Intercultural Institute:
Developing Global Leaders: Education and Training for Language, Culture and Confidence
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012 Time: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Plenary by Yasushi Akashi (UN Diplomat; Chairman I-House Japan)
We invite you to join us at JII's upcoming conference on November 11th, 2012. A wide range of internationalists -- educators, trainers and intercultural communication specialists -- will come together for a day of presentations, networking, a keynote address by diplomat and former UN envoy Yasushi Akashi, and a special workshop by Joseph Shaules. The focus throughout will be on the development of the skills and awareness necessary for leadership in an intercultural age. JII is a member-run NPO dedicated to the learning made possible by intercultural experiences.
- Keynote Speaker: UN diplomat and celebrated internationalist Yasushi Akashi (明石康）) will speak about leadership in a globalized world.
- Special workshop: The International Brain--In Search of Deeper Cultural Learning. Learn about cutting-edge breakthroughs in the science of intercultural understanding. (Joseph Shaules)
- Language learning! - Letting Go: Enhancing Learner Autonomy in Japan (Joe Ragsdale)
- Fascinating! Two Languages, Two Cultures, Two Personalities? (Seiji Nakano)
- Business - Leadership Coaching (Michael Shell)
- Culture and music! Cross-cultural Perspectives on Language and Music (TM Hoffman)
- Intercultural education! - Developing Cultural Awareness in the Language Classroom (Val Hansford)
- Culture and education! - The Japanese Concept of "Yume" in "Future Autobiographies" (Helmut Morsbach)
- There will also be time to network and socialize.
JII's conferences are a bit more open and relaxed than academic conferences. We are a community of interculturalists who share an interest in the learning that come from intercultural experiences. Why don't you join us! More information and to register, see the website
Organization: Japan Intercultural Institute
Cost: 6000 (7000 for on-site registration)
Venue: Shirayuri College, Tokyo (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Japan Intercultural Institute
Email QR Code: