Learning communication strategies from films
Date: Sunday, November 11th, 2012 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Kimiko Ochi (Matsuyama University), Danielle Kurihara (Matsuyama University)
Japanese university students are used to learning English at the word and sentence level. However, it is possible to motivate them to acquire communication strategies and meaning through films. In our presentation we will demonstrate various activities such as vocabulary and listening using a movie script. We will also show the studentsí final productions which incorporate the communication strategies.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211