CALL-Plus Workshop 2012
Date: Saturday, November 17th, 2012 Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Kaori Maeda, Ishikari Kounan Elementary School
Theme: Classroom Technologies and the Future of Education
Keynote: The Future School Project in Hokkaido
In April, 2010, the Ministry of Education commenced a three year Future School Project involving ten elementary schools across Japan including Ishikari Kounan Shogakko--Hokkaido's only participating school. The project involves promoting cooperative education through the use of tablet computers, interactive whiteboards and appropriate educational platforms such as education clouds. Kaori Maeda is a teacher at Ishikari Kounan Elementary School and an active member of the Future Schools Project team. She will give an overview of the Future School Project, discuss her school's involvement and provide examples of classroom lessons using ICT including examples of how her students interact with students at other schools.
Plus more wonderful presentations. Learn more at englishforum.sgu.ac.jp/callworkshop.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Sapporo Gakuin University, A-kan Bldg. (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: