A Brief Introduction of Discourse Intonation in English and Its Contribution to the TEF
Date: Sunday, December 9th, 2012 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Yoshio Ido, Professor Emeritus of Ehime University
Intonation performs a variety of functions in the light of evidence from naturally occurring spoken discourse. Accordingly my talk is going to elaborate on the brief sketch of tone unit basing upon Brazil (1985), and to see how the functions of pitch, key & termination, and pitch sequence make commitment to the EFL teaching.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211