11th Asia TEFL International Conference (day 3 of 3)
Date: Monday, October 28th, 2013 Time: Time TBA
Speaker: Call for papers due 30 April 2013
Call for papers extended to May 15, 2013
Please see the Asia TEFL Philippines website for details.
The theme of the 2013 Asia TEFL International Conference is Englishes Across Asian Contexts: Opportunities and Challenges.
Teaching and learning English today is changing in a world that has become more diverse in its cultures and contexts. Teachers, learners, researchers, and administrators find themselves in a period of genuine conversation and dialogue among themselves. They are confronted not only by the challenges of diversity in cultures and contexts, but also by the reality of a language that is dynamic and changing. Today, we do not talk of just one English, but of Englishes.
What are the opportunities and challenges of teaching and learning Englishes across Asian contexts? How do we view the relevance of Englishes today in a classroom of many voices? What roles do Englishes play in educational systems that accommodate a plurality of identities? This conference aims to provide a venue for a critical rethinking and discussion of these relevant concerns.
For details, please see the Asia TEFL Philippines website.
Organization: The Asian Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (Asia TEFL)
Venue: Ateneo de Manila University in Manila, Philippines
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Asia TEFL
Email QR Code: