(1) Annual General Meeting; (2) The Learning Power of Music; (3) End-of-year Party
Date: Saturday, December 8th, 2012 Time: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Speaker: (1) Fukuoka JALT Committee; (2) Eric Kane (ELF Learning); (3) It's a party!
17:30 - 18:15 Annual General Meeting
Our Annual General Meeting is an opportunity to thank the outgoing Committee members, welcome the incoming ones, and voice any questions and comments concerning the past and upcoming year in Fukuoka JALT.
18:30 - 19:30 Presentation
The Learning Power of Music
Ever wonder why we naturally tap our feet, dance or sing to music? Ever wonder why kids do the same thing?
Music and Song are a natural and effective way of introducing -- and reproducing -- communicative opportunities in the classroom. This talk will discuss how to expose, perform and expand on songs in your classroom, including a writing component for more advanced classes.
Eric Kane is a dedicated father, teacher and teacher trainer who is passionate about helping young learners. An energetic and active presenter, he is the founder of ELF Learning and loves making songs, videos and other learning materials for teachers and children around the world. ELF's YouTube Channel helps 50,000 students and teachers a day enjoy learning English.
Eric will also be presenting at the ETJ Fukuoka Expo on Sunday December 9th.
19:45 End of Year Party
Celebrate the end of 2012 with an all-u-can-eat Indian buffet at Bimi Nan in Nishijin, a five-minute walk from Seinan Gakuin Community Center.
- Cost: 3,000 yen
- Vegetarian- and driver-friendly food and drinks include a variety of curries, salad and naan, beer, and soft drinks.
- Reservations are not necessary, but it would be helpful to know if you plan to attend so we can give the owner an estimated number.
- Contact Kate to sign-up: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you there
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Community Center (map to the venue). Near Nishijin Subway station.
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: