TOEIC vocabulary teaching: applying CLIL
Date: Saturday, January 12th, 2013 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Takashi Uemura
Content and language integrated learning (CLIL) is a pedagogic approach to develop L2 learners' communicative competence by focusing on both teaching subject and language. However, there has been little research on implementing CLIL in TOEIC courses, as TOEIC mainly tests learners' business English proficiency. First, the presenter will explore theoretical framework of CLIL and its effectiveness in TOEIC vocabulary teaching. Then, he will demonstrate a TOEIC vocabulary seminar applying CLIL. The teacher plays a role as both language teacher and content teacher by making the most of his former experiences.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel-Tobata, Tobata, Kitakyushu
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: