Learner Development SIG of JALT:
Kobe JALT and LD SIG Joint Event: Get-Together and Chat about Autonomy
Date: Saturday, January 19th, 2013 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Small group discussions
An informal meeting to talk about learner/ teacher development, and share our current thoughts and experiences on how to foster autonomy in our own classes (or in students' or our own learning outside class). The meeting will be conducted in an informal workshop style rather than a traditional presentation style format. Group discussion facilitators will prepare some juicy quotes from Phil Benson's book Teaching and Researching Autonomy, and these will form the basis of the initial discussion. After that the field is wide open to go whatever direction we choose depending on the needs and interests of participants. Who knows, a collaborative research project could emerge, or we might just end up going back to our classrooms with a clearer understanding of autonomy and some new ideas and techniques! This is a great opportunity to look back at academic year 2012-13, learn from each other, and plan for 2013.
Please bring your own stories, experiences, and questions for a great start to 2013!
Organization: Learner Development Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (Learner Development SIG of JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Konan University CUBE Campus (Room 303) in Nishinomiya
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Learner Development SIG of JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: