(1) The voices of academic publishing; (2) Narrative inquiry in the classroom
Date: Sunday, January 20th, 2013 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Theron Muller, University of Toyama
In academic literature, the increasing pressure to publish is discernible. Muller will share research into emerging scholars in Japan pursuing academic publishing and their writing motivations/goals. The second half considers how the voices of the students are often lost when evaluating production by measuring accuracy, fluency, and complexity. We will step back to reflect on student voices and what insights they may reveal.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, 3F, Lecture Room 1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526