Calibrating Oral Assessment of Small Group Interaction
Date: Sunday, February 10th, 2013 Time: 2:15 PM - 4:20 PM
Speaker: Darren Lingley, Kochi University
This workshop will cover issues in assessing oral output in small group interaction. Participants will use four rating scale bands (keeping the conversation going, quality of content, grammar/vocabulary intelligibility, and pronunciation intelligibility) to assess three sets of Japanese learners. Teachers interpret rating scales differently, so it is important to establish common evaluation standards when examining oral proficiency for placement purposes.
Organization: Matsuyama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Matsuyama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Shinonome High School Kinenkan 4F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Matsuyama JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 089-946-0885
Phone (work): 089-931-6211