Music and EFL: Play It, Sing It, Learn It
Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2013 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Jim Smiley and Brian Cullen
In this presentation, we will explore the use of music and song \in EFL. Research supporting the use of music in education will be discussed in order to demonstrate that music and song can support learning for adults as well as children. We will follow this with practical techniques for integrating this great resource into your lessons in the best ways to facilitate learning.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, 3F, Lecture Room 1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526