Date: Sunday, February 17th, 2013 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Dawn Kobayashi, Miki Shibata, Richard Gabbrielli, Susan Meiki, Tim Buthod, Fuyuko Ruetenik
Six local teachers will give book reports about influential books on education and language learning.
- Creativity in Language: The state of the art, by J. Swan et. al.;
- Grammar Acquisition and Processing Instruction: Secondary and cumulative effects, by A.G. Benati and J.F. Lee;
- Teaching for Success: The brain-friendly revolution in action! by Mark Fletcher;
- The Geography of Thought: How Asians and Westerners think differently, by R. Nisbett;
- Learning New Languages: A guide to second language acquisition, by T. Scovel;
- Intercultural Communication (2nd edition): An advanced resource book for students, by A. Holliday et. al.
There were be some time for discussion about each book topic.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen (students 250 yen)
Venue: Peace Park, 3F Conference Room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: