Testing Interactional Speaking - A workshop
Date: Saturday, April 13th, 2013 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Alun Roger
First, I shall summarise the theory and administration behind a group small-talk type test that targets an often under-represented facet of speaking assessments interactional language. Participants will then view video samples of the test to A) experience the test, B) experience being a rater and C) discuss their own internal constructs of the speaking skill and how they may differ from others. This discussion will be critical in allowing participants to debate the characteristics of interactional language so that they may better adapt the test to their educational contexts.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel-Tobata, Tobata, Kitakyushu map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: