Creative Exchange and Planning Meeting
Date: Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Sign up to bring your work
RSVP: To reserve a critique slot, email contact(at)scbwi.jp by Monday, January 28. This event will be in English and Japanese.
Join us for the first SCBWI Tokyo Creative Exchange of 2013! Sign up in advance to bring your work in progress to share with the group for constructive feedback. Open to published and pre-published writers, illustrators, and translators of children's and young adult books; SCBWI members will have priority for the critique slots. Before the creative exchange we will have a planning meeting--volunteers and those interested in volunteering are urged to attend and share ideas.
What to bring for the Creative Exchange:
- For MG and YA Fiction: Send up to 2,000 words of a story or chapter, per instructions received after making your reservation.
- For Picture Books: Bring 5-10 copies of a dummy or story board or manuscript up to 600 words.
- For Translations (Japanese to English picture book, MG or YA): Send up to 2,000 words of a story or chapter, per instructions received after making your reservation.
Attendees without manuscripts, dummies or storyboards are welcome to participate.
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Cost: SCBWI Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 800 yen
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza, Audiovisual Room B, 5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku (by the Children's Castle and United Nations University)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908