Picture Books and Storytelling in Teaching All Age Groups
Date: Sunday, January 27th, 2013 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Patricia Daly Oe
In this workshop author, illustrator and teacher, Patricia Daly Oe, will demonstrate how to use picture books and storytelling to teach English. She will present a number of stories and give some ideas about how to develop creative activities based on the stories, including games, songs, movement, speaking and writing exercises, for all age groups – from small children to teenagers and adults. The first part of the workshop will focus on picture books and the second part on storytelling techniques, particularly on the telling of humorous stories. Participants will enjoy developing and presenting their own stories (and listening to others' stories) as part of the workshop.
Organization: ETJ Saitama (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Saitama)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: English Time (Kita-Yono school), 2-5-28-2B Kamiochiai Chuo-ku, Saitama-shi (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Saitama
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4452-7800