Pacific Rim Education for Sustainable Development Alliance:
Conference on Human Development in Asia (day 1 of 3)
Date: Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Scott Valentine (Tokyo University), Isao Arantani (Atomic Bomb Survivor)
The conference theme of Change, Continuity and Diversity: Perspectives on Sustainability for Asia seeks to explore such issues and their links to the notion of sustainability through the combined and holistic lenses of an interdisciplinary approach. This conference will be held in Hiroshima, Japan, during the 68th Hiroshima Peace Memorial.
Remembrance events and tours are held during the conference, including a guided tour of Peace Park on August 6th, which is the anniversary of the atomic bombing. COHDA is also organizing a special trip on August 9th to Miyajima Shrine Island - a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Registration includes receptions, lunches and coffee breaks daily. While taking account the wider themes of Change, Continuity and Diversity, the sub-themes of the conference will focus on the following nine areas:
- Population and Ageing
- Healthcare and Social Support
- Politics and Conflict
- Inequality and Justice
- Gender and Culture
- Migration and Identity
- Environment and Technology
- Economy and Sustainability
The call for papers is due April 20, 2013
Cost: 34,000 yen (Early Bird Rate), 44,000 yen (Normal Rate)
Venue: KKR Hotel Hiroshima
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Pacific Rim Education for Sustainable Development Alliance
Email QR Code: