JSHS SIG of JALT:
Educational Development Seminar: Learning Through Communication - Reading Activities in English
Date: Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: John F. Faneslow (Columbia University), Yoshiaki Ehara (Kanagawa Prefectural Institute of Language)
The JALT Junior / Senior High School SIG and Tokai University are proud to present their first joint Teacher Development Workshop at Tokai's Yoyogi Campus in Tokyo. Participants will have the opportunity to design a textbook unit that meets both the language and communication expectations of MEXTfs Revised Course of Study. Particular attention will be paid to ways teachers can:
- nurture the communication skills students need to participate in today's globalized society;
- conduct classes primarily in English;
- provide the support students need to engage in more authentic, meaningful,and enjoyable English reading experiences.
This is a two-day workshop. In the morning sessions, we'll explore a complete planning-to-practice framework, including educational goals, lesson design, materials creation, and teacher-student interaction. In the afternoon sessions, participants will be invited to discuss a range of challenges both students and teachers face, as well as their responses to the framework presented in the morning sessions. To help participants reflect on and communicate with others about the concepts and practices discussed in the workshops, all will be invited to complete an online reflection survey and to contribute to an online post-seminar Teacher Forum.
Organization: Junior / Senior High School Teachers Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (JSHS SIG of JALT)
Venue: Tokai University, Yoyogi Campus, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact JSHS SIG of JALT
Email QR Code: