Music in the EFL Classroom
Date: Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
Music can play an important role in English classrooms with students of all ages. But what can we do to get the most out of music? How do we get students to engage with music? How can we inspire students with music? Questions for thought and discussion (feel free to bring your own, too!):
- What are the purposes of songs in the classroom?
- What roles do they have?
- What are the goals of songs and chants?
- What kind of language should songs have?
- Should songs have actions to them? What actions? How do we come up with them?
- How can we improve or build upon songs?
- How do we introduce songs?
- How can we make our own songs?
- How can we encourage students to listen outside of class?
Teachers of all ages and levels of students are welcome.
Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting. It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community!
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin Community Center (East Campus) (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: